Wednesday, March 23, 2011

{someone's trash....}

Today like any other day I was just cruising down the road driving my little tid bits to school WHEN right in front of me I saw this chair!! I'm such a sucker for chairs ESPECIALLY when they are FREE!  I pulled over.. well maybe not all the way over, jumped out  and threw it in the suburban! 







I love the toile print on it but, it's kinda worn around the front of the chair & missing some of the cording....maybe I can take it off and wash it & use a linen cording? I'm definitely going to paint it...
but, first I am finishing up the dining table...I kinda slacked since we went on our mini vacay last week.

ok SO now my other find not free but, very inexpensive!  a little patio set from probably the 60's?  it needs to be re-sprayed but, it's ok for now...my favorite are the chairs look at the little quarter foil cut-outs...super cute!

 and now a cute pic of my little sugar bear that I thought was adorable!! she is growing up right before my eyes and i'm having a hard time embracing it! ugghhh :(


and another of her enjoying her nachos at the pool....i mean REALLY enjoying them! 


ok, my hubby just got home with my paintbrush gotta run!

xoxo's Nancy

Furniture Feature Fridays

8 comments:

Jodie said...

Score!!! Don't you love those days when a treasure appears right before your very eyes? Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Jodie

Nancy Elizabeth Carey said...

you bet i do! last set of chairs I found I sold just as they were found for $75!!! now that's awesome! xoxo's nancy

'LUSH' said...

Love love love the toile chair! Ok, did I mention that I love the toile chair! And, of course, I love the 60's vintage outdoor set!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That chair is awesome. I need a desk chair like that. Last year I picked up a perfectly good round, taupe ottoman at the curb. Feels strange (hoping your neighbors don't notice).

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

Excellent find! Lucky you!!

Nancy Elizabeth Carey said...

i looked around and no one was out! ha! i know it does feel weird but, oh well :) xoxo's nancy

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

What a find! Sounds like a gift from God! :) Thanks for your sweet comment today.

xo,
Linsey

Curtains in My Tree said...

OH honey love the chair. I would have jumped out also and threw it in the van
I can't tell how worn the toile is but Liquid Stitch can do wonders on material, its for no sew projects
I love the old look of the toile material